History Of Day Ladies League
The old Prince Rupert Golf Course, which used to be operated by the Hudson’s Bay Company — sitting between 107 and 111 Avenues and around 116 Street —was shut down in 1950, the Riverside course designers and staff simply took the greens right off the Prince Rupert track and put them down at Riverside.
Built on the site of the old Dawson Mine, Riverside has rolling hills and elevation changes created by the settling of mine tunnels.
In the spring of 1954 Mrs. Paris Willey (wife of the Head Professional at riverside) organized 14 women to start the Riverside Ladies’ Club. The Ladies League hosted the Edmonton Open Golf Tournament in 1956 and has been members of the Edmonton, Alberta and Canadian Ladies’ Golf Associations since inception of the club.