2018 Charity Classic Shamble
Thanks so much to Elaine and all volunteers for organizing this event and to all of you for participating!
HONORING all those in our league fighting cancer, OUR CHARITY THIS YEAR WAS THE ALBERTA CANCER FOUNDATION.
Approximately 92 ladies took in this event. It was a beautiful evening, and many stayed to socialize after the game!
SHAMBLE RESULTS : Teams scored between 76 and 95… not too shabby for a shamble!
1) Winning team (in a countback) – Jean Melnychuk, Terry Trotchie, Terri Groves, Jacqueline Broverman (76)
2) Random draw for team prize – Sharon Hershey, Dianna Hewko, Rita Leblanc
3) Random draw for team prize – Deirdre Bonnet, Jasmine Eisenhower, Joan Bush, Glenda Pidde
- #1 closest to the pig – Louise Clark
- #2 longest putt – Ruth Brebner
- #3 ball in any sand (name in bucket) – Colleen Ellingson
- #4 closest to the pin – Carla Corbett (ALMOST a hole in one!)
- #5 mystery hole – (drive used) – Joan Bush
- #6 three putt (name in bucket) – Connie McIntyre
- #7 closest to the pin from off the green – Ronnie Loeder
- #8 mystery hole (in the gulley on left) – Sheila Bilyk
- #9 longest putt – Sherri Kashuba
All GCs have been added to the binder.
WE RAISED $910 FOR THE ALBERTA CANCER FOUNDATION!!!! THANK YOU everyone!!!
THE ALBERTA CANCER FOUNDATION IS 100% ALBERTAN — REPRESENTING OUR FAMILIES, OUR FRIENDS AND OUR NEIGHBOURS WHO FACE THIS DISEASE.
Every day, 43 Albertans hear the words ‘you have cancer.’ The Alberta Cancer Foundation aims to make a difference for every Albertan affected by these three words. It aims for faster results that will improve lives. To realize it, they take a strategic approach to investing donor dollars toward initiatives and programs that will lead to: Research and programs that have a clear impact for patients; Earlier detection; Improved treatments and an
enhanced quality of life. As the fundraising partner for all of Alberta’s 39 cancer centres, including the Cross Cancer
Institute in Edmonton and the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary, the ACF ensures that investments directly support cancer patients.
See more or make a donation online at: Donate to the Alberta Cancer Foundation at https://albertacancer.ca/donate
Tax receipts for the donations as follows:
- 1 st prize $350 tax receipt – Julie Budge
- 2 nd prize $250 tax receipt – Mary Cheng
- 3 rd prize $200 tax receipt – Trudy Nastiuk
- 4 th prize $110 tax receipt – Rosana Zenko
The winners of the donation tax receipt will be contacted separately, OR you can proactively contact Elaine Maloney at
email@example.com to make arrangements to collect your prize. In accordance with the regulations set up by
the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), official donation receipts can only be issued in the name of the individual who is the
actual donor. For this reason, the RBG will provide a check in your name in an amount equal to the amount of the tax
receipt you have won. Once you cash the check, you will need to make a donation in that amount in your name to the
ALBERTA CANCER FOUNDATION https://albertacancer.ca/donate and provide a COPY of the receipt to the RBG for
the record. A scanned copy of the receipt can be emailed to the Treasurer Jean Melnychuk firstname.lastname@example.org or a
photocopy provided Jean on a Tuesday or at the closing banquet.
There were additional raffle prizes (various GCs, which are also in the binder): Shell Hyland, Sheila Smigarowki, Elaine Maloney, Colleen Ellingson, Tracey Lubkey
VOLUNTEERS!: Mo Hyland, Shirley Feenstra, Shell Hyland, Terri Trotchi, Terri Groves, Jean Melnychuk
Sherry Rinholm, President